October 23, 2009 @ 5:57 pm
* Elizabeth Benjamin reports that Bloomberg has broken his own spending record, shelling out $85.2 million for his third term run. Bill Thompson has managed to raise $270,000 during this filing period — though it’s much less than what Fernando Ferrer was able to raise during the same period in 2005.
* Speaking of Fernando Ferrer, at Thompson’s event at Hunter College last night, Ferrer called Bloomberg a “rather sleazy politician,” reports The Observer.
* New York magazine: Come on, Mike. You can buy votes more artfully than this.
* Clyde Haberman asks, “When is Mayor Bloomberg like a Broadway Show?”
* A seven-year-old left Bloomberg hanging after he tried to give her a high-five.
* Mireya Navarro writes that Bloomberg’s big environmental plans have only produced small gains so far.
* The Daily News says Thompson got it right when he said the City can’t afford 4 percent raises for municipal workers.
Comments are closed.